Packet Core Engineer
|Job Title:||Packet Core Engineer|
|Job Published:||December 19, 2017 09:56|
Vodafone is looking for a Packet Core Engineer to join their team.
- Responsibility for packet switched networks infrastructure installation, operation and maintenance with main focus on the Packet Core nodes
- Coordinate Commissioning and testing of Packet Switched Nodes and interfaces to all interconnected network nodes
- Assist in the dimensioning and capacity planning of the packet core infrastructure
- Assist IP and Transport Networks Manager in analysis and planning exercises
- Responsibility for connectivity with other network Nodes and other operators network nodes
- Perform regular routines on Networks entities
- Carry out design& specifications for upgrading or installing new systems/processes, including evaluation of new software/hardware features.
- Draw up acceptance test procedures in conjunction with suppliers to be able to carry out the agreed acceptance testing.
- Create adhoc reports based on statistics collected on the various interfaces
- Liaise with other sections in order to carry out the support function.
- Liaise with Vodafone Group, region, and suppliers in order to carry out the job duties.
- Carry out system monitoring and perform network optimisation and preventive maintenance
- Gathering problem symptoms, and implementing corrective action where applicable
- Carry out installations/upgrades and/or assist turnkey suppliers where applicable, ensuring smooth migration with minimal service disruption
- Carry out the above duties outside office hours where deemed necessary.
- Perform and undergo staff training as required by the Company.
- Replace designated personnel when not available.
- Assist the Commercial Operations team in the design and solution proposal to customers.
- 1 – 2 years of experience working on projects which are networks related
- Possession of MQF level 6 certification, preferably in electronics, computing or engineering.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent knowledge of English
- CCNA certification
- Preferably with good knowledge of VMWare and virtualisation
- Preferably worked in service provider environment
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. The client, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at this company.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's