OSS Project Manager
|Job Title:||OSS Project Manager|
|Contact Name:||Clare Barbara|
|Job Published:||March 24, 2017 07:31|
The OSS Project Delivery Manager (PDM) will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery, within the boundaries of the provided remit, of a telco Operations Support Systems (OSS) transformation project. He will report to the Project Board (PB) and will be responsible for the overall project planning and delivery. He will run the project on a day-to-day basis within the constraints of scope, budget, time and fitness for purposes that are laid down by the PB and assured and controlled by the Project Assurance Team (PAT). In order to achieve this remit, the PDM will be expected to manage and lead a number of cross-functional delivery teams that would be set up for clearly defined sub-projects, tasks or project deliverables. The PDM will work closely with internal and external stakeholders, including peers from the supplier organization.
The scope of responsibility will include:
- Working with significant project budgets and other project resources, including people who would be reporting to the position.
- Delivering complex IT solutions in collaboration with internal teams and external suppliers.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to achieve the required changes or transformations in the relevant areas of operation.
- Providing ‘hot’ support for a defined period following project implementation.
- Provide project delivery initiation, planning, execution, hot support post implementation, operational handover and project closure.
- Manage complex solution delivery of a telecom OSS project involving products and deliverables from both suppliers and internal teams.
- Ensure successful project execution in terms of achieving the stated business objectives, delivering products and solutions that meet the agreed requirements and which are fit for purpose.
- Achieve customer satisfaction for services provided.
- Ensure successful project delivery in terms of managing an incremental value delivery schedule within the agreed constraints of time and cost.
- Oversees a smooth transition from project to operational support mode.
In order to fulfill these responsibilities, the PDM will be expected to:
- Assemble and manage people resources required for the delivery of the project; determine the resources required for the various delivery activities and work with the PAT to ensure that these resources are made available as and when required.
- Lead and motivate the Project Delivery Team.
- Work closely with the Supplier Delivery Team to ensure a coherent overall project delivery process.
- Work with supporting functions, including those responsible for IT Operational setups to assure that the work environments and configurations that are required to enable delivery are always in place.
- Safeguard the project scope and manage the project costs within the parameters of the allocated.
- Identify and manage the project risks.
- Resolve project conflicts.
- Establish and operate project delivery structures and processes.
- Follow agreed project management methodologies and processes in a rigorous but pragmatic manner that best fits the context of the particular project.
- Produce project documentation, including planning, technical and quality records.
- Produce quality assurance and test documentation.
- Define and maintain relevant project plans, monitor progress and report on status.
- Deliver assigned project deliverables, interim and final, and work with suppliers and vendors for successful project delivery.
- Work with the PAT and in conjunction with any of the individual PAT roles who will be acting on behalf of the PB to provide project assurance and control on a day-to-day basis.
- Advise the PAT and the PB of any deviations, risks or any other matters that require immediate attention.
- Report to the PB in a regular and structured way and work closely with other project steering entities such as the PAT.
- 5 years of Project Management experience delivering complex BSS/OSS IT transformation projects. OSS project management and project delivery for telcos experience would be preferable
- End to end involvement on large transformation projects (project initiation to delivery and post implementation support).
- Experience in SDLC and project management methodologies, including Waterfall and Agile. A strong Project Management track record is required, while PMP, PRINCE II and/or certification in Agile methodologies would be considered an asset.
- Familiarity with software design, integration & testing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, collaborative and interpersonal skills. A strong command of English is essential.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Be a good team player.
- Have the relevant academic qualifications that back up the required experience and other indicated skills.
The ideal candidates would also be expected to:
- Have strong leadership qualities and excellent project management skills.
- Have very good presentation skills.
- Have customer & service oriented attitude.
- Be able to manage expectations and satisfy different stakeholders interests.
- Have strong negotiation skills.
- Be charismatic and have an outgoing personality to project a confident outlook and to inspire the achievement of desired goals.
- Maintain and foster relationships with internal customers and stakeholders, as well as suppliers and vendors.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's