|Job Title:||Oracle DBA|
|Contact Name:||Clare Barbara|
|Job Published:||April 27, 2018 14:22|
Our client is a large IT services company who has been in Malta for a number of years. They are looking to employ a Oracle DBA to join their team
- Creates and maintains all databases required for development, testing, Education and production usage.
- Work closely with system administration
- Performs ongoing tuning of the database instances.
- Install new versions of the Oracle RDBMS and its tools and any other tools that access the Oracle database.
- Implements backup and Data recovery.
- Migrations of programs and database changes.
- Implements and enforces security for all of the Oracle Databases.
- Performs database re-organisations as required to assist performance and ensure maximum uptime of the database.
- Perform reviews on design and code frequently to ensure the site standards are being adhered to.
- Planning with application developers and System administrators, to ensure that any new product usage or release upgrade takes place with minimal impact.
- Provides technical support to application development teams.
- Administers all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
- Assists with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
- Troubleshoots with problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools.
- Manage sharing of resources amongst applications.
- The DBA has ultimate responsibility for the physical database design.
- A good knowledge of the operating system(s)
- A good knowledge of physical database design
- Ability to perform both Oracle and also operating system performance monitoring and the necessary adjustments.
- Be able to provide a strategic database direction for the organisation.
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle backup and recovery scenarios.
- Good skills in all Oracle tools.
- A good knowledge of Oracle security management.
- A good knowledge of how Oracle acquires and manages resources.
- Sound knowledge of the applications at your site.
- Experience and knowledge in migrating code, database changes, data and menus through the various stages of the development life cycle.
- A good knowledge of the way Oracle enforces data integrity.
- A sound knowledge of both database and program code performance tuning.
- A DBA should possess a sound understanding of the business.
- A DBA should have sound communication skills with management, development teams, vendors, systems administrators and other related service providers.