|Job Title:||Oracle DBA|
|Contact Name:||Clare Barbara|
|Job Published:||April 27, 2018 14:22|
Our client is a large IT services company who has been in Malta for a number of years. They are looking to employ a Oracle DBA to join their team
- Creates and maintains all databases required for development, testing, Education and production usage.
- Work closely with system administration
- Performs ongoing tuning of the database instances.
- Install new versions of the Oracle RDBMS and its tools and any other tools that access the Oracle database.
- Implements backup and Data recovery.
- Migrations of programs and database changes.
- Implements and enforces security for all of the Oracle Databases.
- Performs database re-organisations as required to assist performance and ensure maximum uptime of the database.
- Perform reviews on design and code frequently to ensure the site standards are being adhered to.
- Planning with application developers and System administrators, to ensure that any new product usage or release upgrade takes place with minimal impact.
- Provides technical support to application development teams.
- Administers all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
- Assists with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
- Troubleshoots with problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools.
- Manage sharing of resources amongst applications.
- The DBA has ultimate responsibility for the physical database design.
- A good knowledge of the operating system(s)
- A good knowledge of physical database design
- Ability to perform both Oracle and also operating system performance monitoring and the necessary adjustments.
- Be able to provide a strategic database direction for the organisation.
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle backup and recovery scenarios.
- Good skills in all Oracle tools.
- A good knowledge of Oracle security management.
- A good knowledge of how Oracle acquires and manages resources.
- Sound knowledge of the applications at your site.
- Experience and knowledge in migrating code, database changes, data and menus through the various stages of the development life cycle.
- A good knowledge of the way Oracle enforces data integrity.
- A sound knowledge of both database and program code performance tuning.
- A DBA should possess a sound understanding of the business.
- A DBA should have sound communication skills with management, development teams, vendors, systems administrators and other related service providers.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's