Offering a full range of community banking services (retail and corporate banking and treasury activities) in Bermuda and the Cayman Islands, our client is looking for an Office (Support) Assistant.
The position reports to the Managing Director. The incumbent has a primary duty to provide Executive support and manage the office main telephone line, act as recording secretary in management meetings and other forums and provide the highest level of professional service to all walk in visitors.
- Be able to perform Company Secretary responsibilities
- Be the first point of contact for all walk-in visitors or invitees
- Handle inquiries in person and over the phone
- Carry out receptionist responsibilities such as, but not limited to: Receive, sort and distribute incoming mail and action requests promptly and accurately; arrange for courier packages to be sent; maintain a log while performing the former tasks; maintain marketing material, replenish promotional literature stands and maintain a tidy reception area
- Schedule telephone calls, appointments as may be required
- Maintain adequate level of office supplies
- Act as a liaison for general Infrastructure maintenance work
- Coordinate travel, accommodations, transfers for Mauritius office and for visitors coming to Mauritius
- Organise local event arrangement (booking of venue, catering and other details)
- Provide administrative support to other department as and when needed (HR)
- Oversee management of meeting rooms
- Support and maintain the central filing (SLAs, licences and other documents)
- Coordinate audits schedule and support other functions during audit preparation (scanning, files preparation)
- Organise Local and International meetings and draft minutes
- Liaise with Taxi provider as may be required for transport booking of the employees.
- Secretarial or administration certification and at least two years of Receptionist/Secretary experience
- Able to multi-task and act independently
- Ability to handle sensitive situations and confidential information with absolute discretion
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Visio)
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and strong customer service/relationship management skills