Network Operations Centre Technician (Contracting)
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Family: Technology
Purpose: A critical part of the company's vision is to deliver a service free from interruption and disturbance to our customers. The team responsible for keeping a close eye on our technical environments is the Network Operations Centre (NOC). The NOC will ensure maximum possible service availability and performance for our customers by monitoring our systems, critical network elements and services. Will engage in first line maintenance and co-ordinate fault resolution with the right service teams and 3rd party service providers.
Key Accountabilities / Key Activities:
- Monitoring of all networks and services in a 24/7 rotation scheme to ensure high availability and attainment of service levels.
- Provide first level support and troubleshooting on all systems.
- Reporting and escalating alarms and equipment outages to field personnel and engineers.
- Maintain NOC procedures, documentation and equipment records.
- Provide incident management status reports to various departments.
- Liaise with other sections within the Technology Department in order to carry out the support function.
- Liaise with Customer Care personnel and Technical Helpdesk on subscriber related problems and requests outside of office hours.
- Undergo staff training as required by the company.
Technical / Professional Expertise:
- Preference will be given to applicants holding an ICT/Engineering/Electronics/Telecommunications related qualification; such as but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an ICT/Telecoms/Networking related field,
- MCAST Advanced Diploma in IT (Computer Systems and Networks or End User Support);
- Diploma in Computer Engineering;
- NCC Diploma in Computing (MQF Level 5)
- Must possess excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Must display strong organizational and excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- Must be a team player and ready to work under pressure without supervision.
- Candidates in possession of professional certifications such as CCNA, LPIC-1, ITIL Foundation Certificate will be given preference.
- Basic knowledge of Linux/Unix Operating Systems would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge in Networking and Telecommunications Systems would be considered an asset.