24 days ago
NOC Technician - VML0009
The Network Operations Centre (NOC) technicians are in charge of monitoring critical network elements and engaging in proactive systems monitoring.
Troubleshooting is a daily task for a NOC technician, and they work regularly with customer operations and corporate clients to troubleshoot all problems that may arise.
Key Accountabilities / Key Activities:
- Monitoring of all networks and services in a 24/7 operation to ensure high availability and attainment of service levels.
- Provide first level support and troubleshooting on all systems.
- Reporting and escalating alarms and equipment outages to field personnel and engineers.
- Maintain NOC procedures, documentation and equipment records.
- Provide incident management status reports to various departments.
- Liaise with other sections within the Technology Department in order to carry out the support function.
- Liaise with Customer Care personnel and Technical Helpdesk on subscriber related problems and requests outside of office hours.
- Undergo staff training as required by the company.
Technical / Professional Expertise:
- Ideally in possession if an ICT/Engineering/Electronics/Telecommunications related qualification, such as;
- Bachelor’s Degree in an ICT/Telecoms/Networking related field.
- MCAST Advanced Diploma in IT (Computer Systems and Networks or End User Support).
- Diploma in Computer Engineering.
- NCC Diploma in Computing (MQF Level 5).
- Candidates in possession of professional certifications such as CCNA, LPIC-1, ITIL Foundation Certificate will be looked upon favourably.
- Must possesses excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Basic knowledge of Linux/Unix Operating Systems will be looked upon favourably.
- Must display strong organizational and excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- Must be a team player and ready to work under pressure without supervision.
- Ideally have knowledge in Networking and Telecommunications Systems.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. The client, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at this company.