The selected candidate will manage the day-to-day operation of the Network Operations Centre within the Technology Department.
Key Accountabilities / Key Activities:
- Management of Network Operations Centre team encompassing shift and leave planning, as well as business as usual management accountabilities covering personnel and budget.
- Work with key senior business stakeholders in Commercial & Enterprise functions to ensure optimal interworking across the teams is maintained on a day to day basis - directly manage major customer related issues and incidents (Incident manager on-call)
- Constantly review the service level and productivity of NOC operation with internal and external stakeholders and implement improvements to ensure best operational efficiency whilst maintaining the highest availability of all Network & IT services (external and internal)
- Monitor service levels provided by third parties and escalate (together with the respective engineering team) whenever SLAs are not adhered to
- Coordinate cross-functional activities carried by NOC across all relevant stakeholders eg. backup, testing, upgrades etc.
- Ensure that NOC procedures, tools, documentation and equipment records are accurately maintained
- Report network and fault status updates / KPI’s to various teams as required
- Ensure that trouble tickets assigned to Technology are managed in the most efficient manner, and identify any major underlying issues for escalation
- Driving the Service Management culture, contributing to ITIL process improvement initiatives (incident, problem, change, configuration, service level management)
Technical / Professional Expertise:
- Electrical/Telecommunication Technician, or higher, academic background
- Previous experience in a similar role would be an asset
- ITIL knowledge
- Broad knowledge in Networking and Telecommunications Systems
- Background in an operational environment (direct work experience and/or direct contact)
- An analytical approach to operational issues
- Strong interpersonal skills and organisational skills
- Ability to inspire, coach and mentor
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbally and in writing
- Be a team player and ready to work under pressure without supervision