One of our clients, a global tech company is looking for a Network Engineer.
- Troubleshoot/Diagnose all Level 1/2 issues from the customers and driving satisfactory resolution of the issues.
- Troubleshoot Product, Codes and Configuration issues.
- Ensure On-Time escalation to L3 and Engineering(R&D) teams
- Ensure consistent customer satisfaction.
- Document all communication with customers in the CRM
- Notify/Discuss with L2 /TL/Manager on Tickets that require assistance.
- Timely handoff (escalation) of cases that require technical or political to L2/L3 TAC.
- Plan and constantly work on upgrading tech and product expertise.
- Contribute to the knowledge base/ Tech Forum.
- Ensure to gain Certified Expertise (Certifications) to provide better service.
- Networking Concepts like OSI model, TCP/IP,(Logical Link Control, Flow Control, Link Negotiation) (IP, ARP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, SNMP, TFTP, FTP, BootP)
- Ethernet Concepts and Cablings.
- Bridging and Switching Concepts, LAN Technologies such as Ethernet - CSMA/CD
- STP, RSTP, MSTP, VLAN tagging
- Good Knowledge in Routing concepts, with Good knowledge in Routing Protocols like: RIP, OSPF, IGRP, EIGRP, BGP
- Basic Wireless Knowledge 802.11a/b/g, Access Points, controllers
- Server Concepts and working knowledge in DHCP, DNS, Radius, SNMP, web server etc.
- Customer focused
- Proactive, with the ability to work on his/her own initiative
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Good Team player
- Debugging hardware & software system level problems in a multi-vendor multi-protocol network environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience is required. Microsoft MCSE and/or CISCO certifications are considered a plus.