|Job Title:||Network Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Marianne Koessler|
|Job Published:||October 16, 2019 14:22|
A well-known Maltese company in the IT field is looking for a Network Engineer.
- Be part of a team of experienced, supportive and fun people, with a special bond between them that makes work feel like home;
- Join a well-established company that has been operating for over 40 years;
- Competitive salary plus company benefits.
- Designing, building, operating, managing and maintaining the company’s International GWs, CORE IP Network, BRAS, Radius, RAN Backhaul and PtoP accessing switches, as well as operating and maintaining the related Network Management Systems;
- Implementing network security policies by analysing and establishing security requirements identifying threats and working on steps to defend against them;
- Ensuring audit trails, system logs and other monitoring data sources are reviewed periodically and are in compliance with policies and audit requirements;
- Collecting and analysing statistical data of the network to ensure the appropriate forecasting, dimensioning and sizing of the various Network elements so as to meet the demand for Service Provisioning as well as maintain the required Service Levels;
- Developing and updating disaster recovery procedures;
- Providing technical input in the compilation of tender specifications and vendor selection;
- Implementing appropriate operational procedures in accordance with international norms and standards in order to ensure that system downtime is minimised and a high-level quality of service guaranteed;
- Proactively seeking ways how the IP Network can be leveraged and developed with a view to introducing new revenue generating products and services;
- Continuously seeking to increase the IP CORE operational efficiency and introducing appropriate mechanisms to control costs by acting as a reference point for technical/operational problems reported by subordinates;
- Assisting and liaising with other sections in designing, building and operating, of customers’ networks;
- Providing 3rd level support and liaising directly with third parties, including clients and suppliers for technical problem resolution on a 24x7 basis.
- Degree in IT;
- 2-5+ years of experience,
- Good knowledge of Windows, Linux and scripting languages like Python;
- Fluent in spoken and written English;
- Valid driving license;
- It will be considered an asset having:
- certifications as CCNA/CCNP;
- experience working on an IP/MPLS Network (or related environment).
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's