Network and Security Administrator within Technology
|Job Title:||Network and Security Administrator within Technology|
|Job Published:||June 05, 2019 10:23|
Technology is at the core of the knowledge-based organisation. It enables MFSA's strategic and operational objectives to be achieved efficiently and effectively. The ICT team leverages cutting-edge technology, industry standards and methodologies to provide reliable services to the rest of the organisation and the financial services sectors interacting with the Authority electronically. It is responsible for technology design, information security, development, integration and delivery of all information and communications infrastructure, platforms and services, working with technology vendors and partners. The ICT team is made up of professionals specialised in relevant areas that include governance and planning, infrastructure and service management, information systems, and security. Officials from IT also participate and give their contribution in several European committees, expert groups and industry fora.
The selected candidate will undertake duties in relation with the implementation and administration of network and security infrastructure. The primary job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, implementation, configuration and administration of IT systems;
- Writing and maintaining functional specifications and system documentation;
- Proposing improvements to systems and processes;
- Analyse systems, review security architectures, and propose information security solutions;
- Develop and maintain all computer network and security systems;
- Follow disaster recovery plans and assist in business continuity provisions and exercises;
- Attend to scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities;
- Assist in other tasks as directed by the Team Leader.
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in ICT but well versed in networking and information security, ideally conversant with technologies from the following vendors; CheckPoint, CISCO, McAfee, ForcePoint, F5, and Fortinet.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- Related industry certification(s) would be considered an asset.
- You will also possess a minimum of four (4) years working experience in ICT in the area of enterprise networking and security. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's