The ICT Unit is responsible for all Information and Communication Technologies related support services to the MFSA’s Units.
Purpose behind the Recruitment
Through this recruitment, the MFSA is looking for applicants with a vast background in infrastructure technologies to increase the current pool of resources. The eventual appointee will be appointed at a managerial grade II level and will form part of a multidisciplinary team within the ICT Unit.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a comparable recognised qualification at NQF level 6 or better duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)*
- Check Point Certified Security Expert (CCSE) and/or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or equivalent. Applicants who are in their final stages of completion of the CCSE and/or CCNP qualification may also be considered
- With a required minimum of three (3) years and preferably with five (5) years proven work experience in Enterprise Firewalls and Enterprise Networks
- A sound knowledge of; Next-Generation Firewalls, Anti-Malware Solutions, Cyber Security Software, Data Loss Prevention, Public Key Infrastructure, Application Delivery Controllers, Remote Access Solutions, Mobile Device Management, Surveillance Systems, IP Telephony, Networking, Routing and Switching
- Familiarisation with ISO/IEC 27001 - Information security management
- A satisfactory level of analytical and report-writing skills
The selected candidate will report to the Systems Infrastructure Leader and will undertake duties in relation with the implementation and administration of the MFSA’s Systems Infrastructure. The primary job duties include but are not limited to:
- Planning, implementation, configuration and administration of IT systems
- Ensuring stable operation, availability, integrity and reliability
- Producing technical-design ideas for new technologies
- Writing and maintaining functional specifications and system documentation
- Providing second level support and training to users
- Proposing improvements to systems and processes
Soft Skills Required
- Ability to multi-task and to meet strict deadlines
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Be able to work in a multi-tasking agile environment
- Ability to listen actively and to work on own initiative when necessary
- A high degree of self confidence
- Adequate negotiation skills
Applications will be received by not later than Monday, 26th March 2018.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. The client, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at this company.