The selected candidate will undertake duties in relation with the implementation and administration of network and security infrastructure. The primary job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Perform daily infrastructure operations by maintaining network hardware and operating software systems in good operational order;
- Support operations in the data centres in line with maintenance and security requirements;
- Perform the necessary backups and restore operations as well as other disaster recovery operations;
- Educate end users on making effective use of their technological tools to speed up problem resolution;
- Continuously identify and recommend opportunities to leverage technology to improve the existing infrastructure and processes;
- Maintain updated technical documentation and user guides;
- Attend to scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities;
- Establish a good working and knowledge-sharing relationship with the Technology team;
- Maintaining a healthy relationship with suppliers as well as internal and external customers;
- Be willing to travel abroad to participate in relevant EU fora and working groups;
We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in ICT but well versed in networking and information security, ideally conversant with technologies from the following vendors; CheckPoint, Cisco, McAfee, ForcePoint, F5 and Fortinet.
The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
Related industry certifications would be considered an asset.
You will also possess a minimum of four (4) years working experience in ICT in the area of enterprise networking and security. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.