15 days ago
As part of our continued growth, we are looking for a Network Administrator. The Network Administrator is responsible for managing all levels of Networking within the hosting operations environments. This includes implementation of monitoring and reporting, deploying and refining configurations on all networking hardware, troubleshooting network issues and working with clients and partners on networking issues. On a day-to-day basis the chosen candidate will work with our partners to provide visibility for the tasks that need to be/or have been completed.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated, possess effective problem-solving skills, recognise issues before impacting the business and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Configuration, administration and monitoring of CISCO routers, switches and access points (CISCO Classic + Meraki)
- Building of network topologies as part of projects
- Transfer of networks from projects to regular operations
- Incident, change and problem management according to ITIL
- Second level support for LAN, WLAN and WAN components
- Coordination and controlling of external service providers
- Creation and editing of technical documentations
What you bring to the Team:
- Completed training as IT specialist, specialising in system integration
- Several years of experience in the field of administration (WAN, WLAN and LAN)
- CISCO certifications, minimum CCNA level or equivalent are preferred
- Solid experience with network components from the producers CISCO and CISCO Meraki
- Solid network know-how in LAN/WAN topologies, Routing/Switching and Security technologies
- Working knowledge of OSI protocol family, Ethernet, IPv4, IPv6 and routing protocols
- Must be self-managed with strong communication, customer service & documentation skills
- Willingness to participate in on-call services
While this position is based in Malta, the hired applicant may be provided with adequate training in Germany as part of their induction!