|Job Title:||Nagios Administrator|
|Contact Name:||Veronica Saavedra|
|Job Published:||February 12, 2019 15:24|
Leading international business in the IT field is looking for a professional in Networks or Systems (Unix) to join as a Nagios Administrator and focus on the monitoring system management and enhancement.
- Nagios Administration:
- Administer, monitor and maintain active alarms and their threshold.
- Ensure that all monitoring probes are up to date.
- First line coordination between NOC and NMS architects.
- First point of contact for NOC for all monitoring related queries.
- Define solutions with NMS architects based on requirements from internal departments or customers.
- Deployment of new monitoring (capacity extension, monitoring enhancement).
- Quick fix of probes issues.
- Development of monitoring probes
- Complexity will initially be in line with the level of expertise of the selected candidate and will increase by experience.
- A degree or equivalent in a computer-related field and 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of Telecommunications Mobile Operator Network.
- Bash/ksh/perl scripting & SQL.
- Experience in *nix (Unix) operating systems administration.
- Curiosity & willing to learn; ability to work under pressure, autonomously and in an organized manner.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial multicultural environment.
- Excellent English writing skills. Maltese, Dutch or French is a plus.
- It will be considered an asset having experience on Nagios system or QlikView.