A well established firm in the payments industry is seeking to recruit, on a full-time basis, a Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO). The MLRO will report directly to the Company’s Board of Directors.
Job duties include:
• Contributing to the design, implementation and maintenance of the Company’s AML and CFT programme.
• Ensure that the Company, as a subject person, complies with the Prevention of Money Laundering and Funding of Terrorism Regulations (“PMLFTR”), FIAU Implementing Procedures and other guidelines issued by the FIAU. This is reflected in ensuring that the Company has the Prevention of Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism Policies and Procedures in place. The MLRO should exercise effective influence on the said policies and ensure day-to-day oversight of the measures, policies, controls and procedures in place.
• Reporting to the Board of Directors of any matters of non-compliance to the AntiMoney Laundering and Countering of Terrorism Programme adopted and implemented by the Company.
• Overall responsibility for the Company’s Internal and External Reporting Obligations relating to AML/CFT activities. • Develop and implement a training programme which is applicable to the Company in terms of the Prevention of Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Previous experience in the position of an MLRO is a must, preferably in the financial industry
- Good communication skills
- University degree would be considered an asset
- Preference will be given to candidates approved by the MFSA