Marketing Communications Specialist
|Job Title:||Marketing Communications Specialist|
|Job Published:||May 28, 2019 13:13|
We're looking for an extraordinary, creative and fun brain to join our Marketing team! Is yours the one?
As our Marketing Communications Specialist, you will be a member of the Marketing Communications Team, managing the development of our marketing plans and campaigns in line with strategy, liaising with agencies and the media on advertising campaigns, and assisting in our overall marketing communication efforts. Excellent communication skills, being analytical and strategic-minded as well as possessing great organisational-skills will help you succeed in this role.
The main expectation is for GO’s marketing communications to be industry-leading and standout in the market. This is achieved through a strong media strategy that cuts across all media channels with a single tone of voice, and a strong execution and delivery through all campaigns. At GO, we aim to communicate with our audience in a fun and novel way, in line with our core brand values Simple, Curious, Bold and Caring. This is done by creating meaningful messaging for our current base and potential customers depending on the objective of each campaign.
Does this sound interesting to you? Here’s what you need to have to match our requirements:
- Possess a degree or equivalent in Marketing or other related subject;
- Has knowledge of the local media stakeholders, local media buy and the market;
- Have experience in managing large media budgets;
- Be creative and able to translate business ideas into appropriate concepts and executions which are innovative and understandable, whilst at the same time suitable for the segment/s being targeted;
- Be very computer literate, especially with basic MS Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (Maltese and English);
- Possess excellent time management skills to be able to work under pressure, multi-task and be flexible;
- Be a highly organised individual who is also a team player; and
- Possess analytical and strategic skills and be a fast decision-maker.
Here’s how you can hit a few plus points for this position:
- Have 3-5 years’ experience in advertising agencies;
- Have experience in the telecommunications sector or a large organisation;
- Possess knowledge of the latest media and advertising trends with a strong grasp of technological developments;
- Proven success of delivering marketing strategies, campaigns and events; and
- Possess a strong presence and image.
If this describes you then this is a glimpse of what you will be doing:
- Closely liaise with internal stakeholders namely – Digital, Product and Channel teams for preparing strong campaign briefs with clear objectives and based on customer insights;
- Ensure that all communications is within the brand tone of voice and style;
- Own campaign GTM delivery across all channels (including digital & event activations);
- Develop and roll out media strategy, media buy and negotiations;
- Manage day-to-day marketing budget media spend, monitoring and administration;
- Act as primary SPOC with the creative marketing agency for rolling out high quality campaigns through strong execution;
- Assist product teams with the formulation and execution of promotions and campaigns;
- Support the implementation of the annual marketing communications plan including both ATL and BTL activities, and splitting these on quarterly and (if need be) monthly plans;
- Lead projects as assigned, such as cause related marketing and special events/ promotions and the ability to manage the marketing communications efforts of varied projects and brands, products and services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's