27 days ago
This position drives the creation of the overall Consumer mobile segments marketing strategy for Vodafone Malta and is responsible for growing market share, NPS, brand consideration, the customer base and ARPU and ARPA of all key segments and for developing and delivering the segment P&L targets. The role leads a team of marketers to deliver clear insights, brand positioning and a roadmap of propositions and activities for key segments.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
Define Consumer Segment Marketing Strategy:
- Develop a deep understanding of the market, competitors and opportunities
- Define key segments/sub-segments and resources
- Create a culture of insight rigour and driving for deeper customer understanding
- Support team to identify and prioritise competitive customer, channel and commercial opportunities through rich insights
- Lead the definition of simple and differentiating segment branded claims and drive the delivery of a roadmap of Go to Market activities, propositions and customer experiences to substantiate these
- Lead engagement with Group and with cross-functional local teams to define and drive implementation of new differentiated propositions for the key segments (incl. design of propositions, business casing, build and take to market)
- Lead development of segment plans (strategic, yearly roadmaps and tactical plans)
- Ensure strategic imperatives are translated into plans and clearly identified in budgets
Deliver and improve segment performance/P&L:
- Drive improvement in commercial performance through leading a high performance culture.
- Drive improvement through leading the team to secure critical investment in segments.
- Regularly review and provide commentary to management on segment performance, develop and implement initiatives to improve performance
Provide companywide leadership on Insights, Go to Market and Customer Experience excellence:
- Own the regular insights trackers (BMS, NPS etc.). Develop specific researches (qualitative and quantitative) to support the business in better understanding customer needs and behaviours
- Lead, define, drive and support excellence in go-to-market execution, including adoption of world class digital practices. Develop strong briefs based on solid insights for the Brand team.
- Prioritise customer experience initiatives across all segments to improve NPS.
- Future oriented, curious, optimistic and driven, able to lead, motivate and develop teams, ensuring they have clarity of direction and support in exectution of and prioritising demands.
- Functional leadership: Coach, develop and performance manageteam and identify key talent.
- Lead and contributed across functions: participate in CBU workstreams and act as an ambassador in developing ways of working using elements of agile / design thinking / lean as appropriate.
- Embody and embed the Vodafone Way behaviours.
- Create a positive environment of change readiness and excellence.
- Work with VF Group to share/leverage best practices
- Develop and deliver budget for all Consumer mobile segments
Key performance indicators:
- Brand KPI’s (e.g. consideration)
- Customer experience KPI’s (e.g. NPS)
- Market share (segments and total consumer, customer and revenue)
- Overall Consumer Segment P&L, customers, revenue, contribution margin, NPS and brand consideration and any critical improvement performance measures around segment priorities – e.g. ARPU, ARPA, account penetration etc).
- Budgetary management (typically opex, segment A&R, investment projects)
- Team people survey results
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Segment Marketing Leadership: Proven ability to lead teams to define segment opportunities and to create propositions and GTM strategies to exploit them
- Commercial Acumen: Commercial mindset with extensive experience in senior commercial roles managing segment P&Ls, including responsibility for pricing and customer/channel investment decisions
- Insights, Proposition Development, Customer Experience: Ability to make critical decisions on key insights, developing branded claims and to prioritise and deliver proposition and customer experience roadmaps
- Commercial/Operational experience: Experience operating in at least 2 of marketing, sales and operations functions and/or working across markets (e.g. in Group/professional services)
- Digital marketing: a solid understanding digital marketing tools and capabilities is key, hands-on experience and demonstrated success in driving digital marketing campaigns is highly preferred.
- Leadership: Strong personal impact, top percentile people leader results and ability to present to senior leaders (CEOs, Commercial Directors, Industry leaders, Boards, Regulatory bodies etc). Ability to communicate complex subjects in a simple way.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Advanced marketing skills and knowledge, ideally from managing successful consumer P&Ls
- Advanced degree in Marketing or MBA from a leading business school.
- Consumer mobile budget
- Insights budget