€34,000 - €37,000
8 days ago
A Financial Services Authority is looking to recruit a Manager for their Human Resources & Development Department.
The job holder will report to, and keep close liaison with the Director mainly on staffing and employee relations issues. S/he will be also expected to liaise closely with the other functions within the Authority to ensure the well-being of the staff in general and that rights and obligations of staff are maintained in accordance with the Company Staff Handbook.
- Applicants would be expected to have worked within a human resources function focusing on recruitment for a number of years, with a required minimum of five (5) years
- Experience in interviewing techniques would be considered an important asset.
- Be conversant both on a theoretical and practical level with the operations and management of HRD together with the local employment legislation and employee relations.
- The ability to demonstrate initiative in dealing with new legislative developments in this field.
- Applicants are also required to have strong leadership and people management skills and the ability to manage competing priorities and a challenging workload.
- Applicants should be authoritative, assertive and self-confident to carry out the responsibilities of the Senior Manager.
- Staffing needs, recruitment exercises and employee induction & orientation
- Maintenance of the Company Staff Handbook, including policy development -focusing on redefining the recruitment employee services, career development and counselling
- Assisting and providing input to senior management on ‘ad hoc’ issues related to Human Resources
- A University Honours Degree in Human Resource Management (HRM) or in Occupational Psychology or Organisational Behaviour or Employment Relations or in an area which is otherwise considered relevant to the functions and duties attached to this post.
- A relevant Post-Graduate Degree would be considered an asset.