Manager Grade 1 within the Administration Unit
|Job Title:||Manager Grade 1 within the Administration Unit|
|Job Published:||February 27, 2018 09:22|
The specific information being provided below is in addition to and complements the basic details included in the relevant public call for the vacancy in question.
- University of Malta Honours Degree in Management/Project Management or another closely related field. A comparable recognised qualification at NQF level 6 or better duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)* will also be considered.
- Relevant Post-Graduate Degrees and Certifications in Management/Project Management/Procurement would be considered an asset.
Eligibility - Applicants would be expected to have a previous experience in project management and public procurement, including working knowledge of local public procurement legislation.
The Manager Grade 1 will report directly to the Chief Operations Officer (COO) or to any other person the COO may delegate for the purpose of assigning duties and responsibilities as applicable to the Grade from time to time.
The Manager Grade 1 will be responsible for the following main duties:
- Day-to-day operations management – in relation to premises maintenance, security, drivers and messenger duties, leased vehicles, cleaning, parking allocations and day-to-day administrative issues. This shall include also supervision and management of an existing team of both clerical and non-clerical staff.
- Project management – Management of a number of capital projects that are on-going or that need to initiate which will also include budgetary and financial control as part of the project management.
- Public Procurement duties which will include drafting of tender documents, assisting in the adjudication of tenders and reporting to the respective Evaluation Committee. Assisting internal units with identifying procurement methodologies commensurate to their requirements and in line with local legislation. Attendance and recording minutes of Tender Requirements Workgroups and Evaluation Committees. Interaction with the relative Government Departments involved, the procurement systems available, legislation and policies. Besides procurement through tenders, the prospective candidate is also expected to manage day to day procurement through the issuing of RFQs as may be required, analyses and reporting on quotations obtained, and the issue of purchase orders.
- Document Archiving – Coordinate the necessary logistics for the proper functionality and upkeep of the centralised document archive of the MFSA. This includes:
- Providing support to improve document management flows within the core units.
- Promoting the use of the centralised document archive across MFSA.
- Providing training/support to key members of staff in relation to the document archiving function.
- Processing document archiving/retrieval requests.
- Supporting the core units in devising a retention policy for archived documents.
- Policy Development – Devise and maintain key policies, procedures and manuals as may become necessary from time to time, in an effort to further develop and enhance the operational structures of the MFSA.
Soft Skills Required
- ability to multi-task and to meet strict deadlines
- proficient in English with good written and verbal communication skills
- ability to work within a team and on own initiative
- self-confident, pleasant personality, smart and alert
- high organisation skills
Applications will be received by not later than Monday, 26th March 2018.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. The client, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact email@example.com, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at this company.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's