|Job Title:||Management Accountant|
|Job Published:||February 08, 2018 14:23|
Due to the growth we are now seeking to recruit a Management Accountant to strengthen and provide support to the Financial Controlling Team.
- Supporting the Finance Manager in the running of the Finance function;
- Performing general accounting and financial reporting duties, ensuring all assets are accounted for, monitoring the correct billing of revenues, and reviewing reconciliations;
- Preparing the monthly management accounts, financial projections, and annual financial statements in line with IFRSs;
- Enhancing the Bank’s accounting system and implementing additional modules as required;
- Utilising the Bank’s financial information systems to compile ad hoc reports and presentations supporting financial figures;
- Ensuring compliance with corporation tax and VAT legislation and preparing respective returns;
- Analyzing current procedures and improving them or establishing others, document, implement and maintain them to ensure a sound internal controls system and work flows in place;
- Preparing formal reports to senior management on the correct treatment of specific transactions and events in accordance with IFRSs and tax legislation;
- Liaising with auditors, bankers, as well as with external advisors and ensuring that all necessary documentation is in order;
- Compiling ad hoc reports as requested and providing timely and accurate feedback on all matters arising to senior management.
- Possess a University of Malta Honours Degree in Banking and Finance or Accountancy or pursuing equivalent qualifications.
- Have a minimum of 3 years' relevant working experience, preferably gained in a Big 4 Firm or in a similar position
- Experience in a banking environment is considered an asset, although training will be provided
- Have thorough knowledge of all desktop applications particularly Excel.
- Possess excellent organisational and interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Be diligent and able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Be able to work under pressure to meet tight reporting deadlines.
- Be highly organized, proactive, and able to work on own initiative.
- Be able to prioritize and manage work without losing attention to detail.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. The client, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact email@example.com, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at this company.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's