5 months ago
Large and well-established international Payment Solutions Provider is looking for a Linux Systems Engineer. This is a project/operations mixed role focused on supporting the internal infrastructure and customer facing products. He/she will be responsible for handling day-to-day project work, including providing proof-of-concept deliverables, product analysis, technical leadership, and architectural input for multiple concurrent initiatives. Assisting and mentoring Linux Systems Administrators and Junior Systems Engineers is also a key part of this role.
- Join a team of skilled IT professionals in the dynamic field of FinTech
- Opportunity to work with a highly innovative and creative team, in a great working environment using the latest technologies.
- Multicultural environment, flexi-time, health insurance, gym allowance, social events, parking, training and other benefits!
- Providing in-depth technical guidance and mentoring
- Working to continually improve processes and procedures with both internal and external teams
- Enforcing technical and operational standards as set by senior engineering staff
- Quickly adapting to an ever-changing environment
- Acting as senior most technical resource for junior administrators
- Researching and testing unfamiliar technologies
- Participating in a 24/7 on-call roster
- 4+ years’ experience maintaining enterprise Unix/Linux environments.
- 2+ years’ experience SOAP and REST interfaces, experience working with API’s
- 4+ years’ experience with J2EE, SQL, ZFS, Perl, RHE, Rails, Grails, LDAP
- 2+ years’ experience working with Puppet, Chef, or other configuration management and deployment frameworks
- 3+ years’ experience with Apache, Tomcat, Scripting languages, SSL, web protocols
- 2+ years’ experience managing and administering MySQL, PostgreSQL, or other SQL based relational databases
- Experience with event management, incident handling, and problem resolution
- Ansible, Salt, fabric, or other automation tools experience
- Working knowledge of ITIL, ITSM, and INFOSEC best practices
- Strong communication, documentation, and analytical skills
- The ability to handle stressful situations and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Working Hours are Monday to Friday but ability to be part of a 24/7 on call roster is required