With offices in London, Dubai, Mauritius, Sydney and Auckland - our client have an international outlook combined with local understanding of some of the fastest growing ecommerce markets around the world.
They are experts in designing, developing and supporting sizeable and complex e-commerce websites around the globe. The company specialises in providing superior on-line retail platforms for clients; allowing them to deliver growth and innovation to both existing and new customer groups.
As a successful Linux System Administrator/ Devops, you will be part of a team of seven administrators working closely with the Head of Devops to maintain clients infrastructure and to implement continuous delivery and reliable deployment using the latest tools and processes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Resolve Customer Technical issues through diligent research, reproduction and troubleshooting
- To provide support in implementation projects
- To provide quick and efficient resolution
- To be able to support and maintain existing system
- The above list of duties is not exhaustive and is subject to change. The post holder may be required to undertake others duties within the scope of the post.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Familiarity with Linux / Open Source environment
- Good understanding of Web service architectures (LAMP / LNMP) and server limits (under high load)
- Working knowledge of NFS & TCP/IP configuration
- Knowledge of bash, Python scripting
- Very good knowledge of MySQL administration
- Knowledge of the cloud: AWS/ VMware/ Azure/ Openstack
- Proven working experience in Linux/Unix technical support to customer
- Knowledge of configuration management tools; puppet/ chef/ ansible
- Attentive to, even obsessed with application performance and scalability
- Keen desire to learn
- BSc in Computer Science or related field
- 2 to 5 years experience in a Linux System administration role
- Linux and AWS certification will be an advantage
- Personal attributes and other requirements:
- Self-motivated with good team spirit
- Able to work under pressure with strong multi-tasking and organisational capabilities
- Good communication skills, verbal and written in English
- An outgoing personal who is willing to learn and adapt quickly in a fast paced working environment
- Willing to work with a 24/7 spirit and on rotation
- Competitive salary
- 20 days paid holiday
- Health Insurance
- Travel expenses
- The chance to be part of an amazing global team with offices in London, Mauritius, Dubai, Australia and New Zealand.
- Be part of a fun and collaborative working environment.