|Job Title:||Legal Officer|
|Contact Name:||Max Ripley|
|Job Published:||January 29, 2018 09:45|
A brand that specialises in ro-ro and bulk shipping, operating both locally and internationally are currently looking for a Legal Officer to join their team. Perks being offered by the company are flexi hours and a parking membership.
- Registration of vessels and follow-up of flag related issues
- Legal work related to seafarers’ employment conditions and labour laws, including disciplinary actions and dismissals of seafarers and social security related issues
- Keeping track of the company’s contracts (renewals)
- Other legal work on a case to case basis, for example implementation of requirements under the data protection regulation/act
Skills and qualifications
- The ideal candidate must be a qualified lawyer and must be fluent in English.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, a high attention to detail and a team oriented approach are required.
- The ideal candidate must possess at least 3 years of experience in the registration of ships under the Maltese flag and must have knowledge of the applicable laws, rules and regulations in this area.
- Being familiar with local/EU social security and labour laws applicable to seafarers is an asset.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's