- Assist the Legal & Regulatory Affairs Team in supporting the Vodafone Malta business functions in all legal and regulatory matters.
- Assist in ensuring Vodafone’s compliance with all applicable regulations, EU Directives, regulatory policies including but not limited to electronic communications.
- Manage relationship with relevant stakeholders both internal and external.
- Ensure legal obligations with all stakeholders are met and risks identified and managed.
- Proactively ensure that Vodafone is prepared for regulatory challenges and risks, guiding company strategies accordingly.
- Ensure and maintain compliance with internal policies.
Key Accountabilities / Key Activities:
- Drafting/Review of agreements and Terms & Conditions in a timely manner.
- Research relevant legislation as required and monitor relevant legislation updates and legal notices.
- Ensure compliance with applicable regulations, EU Directives, regulatory policies and decisions regarding electronic communications and other related areas,
- Provide advice to all company departments in relation to legal & regulatory affairs, propose to the company legal courses of action, review of all types of legal documents, and collate information from within the company’s various departments in relation to legal matters.
- Represent the company in various fora as required including litigating on behalf of the company.
- Participating in Business Planning Process of the company
- Prepare responses and position papers related to consultations and new legislation.
- Carry out and prepare periodic risk assessments and proactively ensure that Company is prepared for Regulatory challenges and risks also contributing to the business planning process of the Company.
- Reporting to Vodafone Group as required and providing regular and ongoing progress reports to Vodafone Malta senior management.
- Manage relationship with relevant stakeholders as required including with our External Lawyers as well as represent Vodafone in litigation when required.
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and reporting findings to management.
- Support the organisation and ensure awareness of regulatory and compliance matters.
- Participate in Vodafone Group work groups and implement best practice as necessary.
- Keeping abreast with relevant legal and regulatory developments and ability to take decisions quickly and proactively.
- Ability to shift from strictly legal interpretations and approach to more understanding of political, regulatory, commercial and business strategy issues,
- Disseminate knowledge, raise awareness and train others who do not have legal and/or regulatory background.
- Minimum 2 years’ working experience
- Languages Spoken: Maltese and English
- Qualification: Lawyer Warranted to practice before the Courts of Malta.
- Experience in contract drafting is considered an asset