An international established bank is seeking to recruit a Legal & Compliance Manager to join their team in Malta. Selected candidate will be responsible for identifying and assessing compliance risk, establishing and implementing policies and procedures, reviewing of contracts /agreements whilst providing legal advice and support to the Board of Directors on all matters that are compliance related.
Further responsibilities include:
- Reviewing of proposed and published legislation, whilst also monitoring legislative and regulatory developments, both locally and within the EU.
- Assessing the possible impact of any changes in the legal environment on the operations of the institution.
- Provisioning of advice to the Bank’s senior management on compliance laws, rules and standards, including keeping them informed about developments in this area.
- Coordinating regulatory compliance actions across the Bank.
- Reporting to the Bank’s Board of Directors on the management of the institution’s compliance risk.
- Developing the Bank’s AML & CFT Policy in conjunction with NBG’s Group Compliance Division
Applicants need to be in possession of a Legal Degree, whilst Compliance work experience will be considered an asset. Strong communication skills are essential, as well as in-depth knowledge of the applicable legal requirements and overall financial services regulatory and supervisory framework. The ability to explain complex regulatory requirements in a clear and precise manner is crucial, as well as the capability to maintain good interpersonal relationships with colleagues, even in difficult situations and when under pressure.
If interested apply online or call Simon on (+356) 2093 3160 for more information.