18 days ago
An international bank is seeking to employ a Legal advisor who will be reporting to the Legal Services Manager. The successful candidate will be providing assistance in the undertaking of legal duties on behalf of the bank.
- To act as the Bank’s legal counsel by providing legal advice, also interpreting laws, regulations, rulings and judgements.
- Carries out research, analyses and provides feedback on legal matters as instructed by the Bank from time to time.
- To act as in-house counsel, provide legal advice, draft legal documentation, and carry out legal research as required.
- To be actively involved and participate in the Department’s / cross-Departmental projects, providing feedback on behalf of the Unit and proposing legal solutions as required.
- To view, advise on and /or draft guidelines and procedures as required by the Department/other Departments.
- To update and maintain a Contract Management System.
- To assist the Manager (Corporate Governance) in matters relating to corporate governance and company secretarial duties.
- Exceptionally to perform responsibilities in any other Unit which falls within the remit of the Department.
- To submit any reports and/or supervise any projects and activities as may be directed from time to time.
- To ensure compliance with Bank’s policies, guidelines and underlying procedures at all times.
- To assist his/her superior in the preparation of the unit’s business plan and underlying budgets.
- To ensure a high quality/standard of work and service throughout.
- To perform standard office procedures.
- To attend / give training as requested and perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Be reliable, organised, meticulous and prepared to work under pressure.
- Be a team player while still being able to work independently when needed.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and interpersonal skills.
- Committed to self-development and enjoy working in a dynamic environment
- Be computer literate and conversant in MS Office applications.
- Must be a warranted Lawyer in Malta.