KYC Merchant Onboarding Officer
|Job Title:||KYC Merchant Onboarding Officer|
|Salary:||Attractive Salary Package|
|Contact Name:||Tijana Tufek|
|Job Published:||October 30, 2019 09:22|
A leading global financial institution is seeking to employ a KYC merchant on-boarding Officerto join the Risk & Underwriting Team reporting directly to the Risk Team Leader and provide support to the company globally. They will work closely with team members and the Team Lead on a wide range of day-to-day issues.
Job duties include:
- Performing Know Your Customer, Anti-Money Laundering, Fraud and Risk checks on current and prospective clients.
- Liaising directly with internal teams, such as Legal, Fraud, Financial Risk, and Sales Operations Managers to obtain KYC documentation.
- Underwriting new applications and identifying risks from a Card scheme perspective
- Analyze financial data through financial statements and results through different credit scoring sources for new merchants and partners
- Establish and decide on held collateral on behalf of a merchant or partner in line with the allowed approval threshold,
- Ensuring that data storage, whether electronic or physical, is in line with internal and regulatory requirements.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure appropriate records management systems, tools, and processes are in place
- Liaising with other teams to ensure compliance with the relevant Card Schemes Rules and Regulatory requirements as pertain to merchant application files.
- Escalate with the company’s governance structure, as appropriate, any identified GAPs, deficiencies, or requirements to ensure compliance with internal and regulatory requirements and policies.
- Ensuring that service-level agreements (SLA) are met.
Skills and Qualification required:
- Related Diploma or degree, or minimum of five years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in Underwriting as well as Card Acquiring background of at least 1 year
- Possess excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- Have strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Be highly organized, pro-active, and able to work on own initiative.
- Be a team player and able to meet strict deadlines.
- Be fluent in oral and written English.