Our client, a leading provider of Saas Technology, Consulting and Business Process Outsourcing, is dedicated to help companies accelerate cash collection, reduce payments delays, monitor and mitigate risks. With centres of excellence in France, Mauritius and Uruguay, it provides employment globally to around 1000 staff including 350 Mauritians.
Department: IT – Research & Development
Reporting Line: Team Leader
The software engineer plays a key role in the design, development and testing of software solutions. The software engineer produces quality artefacts such as source code, unit test, technical documentation and participates in SCRUM meetings.
- Develop, test and implement software programs;
- As part of our Agile teams, collaborate with different stakeholders to produce clean and efficient code that meet user requirements;
- Participate in SCRUM meetings (stand-ups, backlog refinement, estimation, retrospectives and demo) by being an active stakeholder;
- Ensure delivery of best quality code by participating in code reviews, unit testing, learning and sharing with colleagues;
- Document code and where appropriate functionalities;
- Contribute and adhere to coding standards, best practices and procedures;
- Conduct such other cognate duties as may be assigned.
- Minimum 2 years of related work experience;
- Preferably holds a degree in Information technology related fields;
- Excellent knowledge of programming, debugging and software testing;
- Knowledge of Iseries – RPG4, CLP (script control Iseries), DB2/400 will be an advantage;
- Working experience with an RDBMS such as Oracle, MS SQL, PostgreSQL;
- Excellent knowledge of Application Development Tools and agile development lifecycle;
- Experience in OS such as UNIX, LINUX and shell scripting;
- Can interpret requirements and translate to code.