The Risk Analyst will form part of the Risk and Compliance Department and will be mainly responsible for handling credit applications, identifying key credit risks, make sound facility recommendations and report findings to Senior Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analysing new credit applications, transactions and reviewing existing limits and making recommendations in line with the Bank’s policies and procedures, regulations and best practice. Such tasks would include but is not limited to the following:
- Analysing client and guarantor financial reports, business plans and financial projections;
- Preparing sensitivity, collateral and cash flow analyses;
- Compiling competitor, vendor and industry information;
- Preparing written evaluations of borrower’s financial condition and future outlook, including the identification of key credit risks and make sound facility structuring recommendations;
- Assisting relationship managers in the administration of existing relationships and in the acquisition of new relationships;
- Assisting with portfolio monitoring and ongoing credit reviews of commercial clients; and
- Assisting in the monitoring, management and reporting of other risks being faced by the Bank.
Required Skills, Competencies and Qualifications
- A professional qualification in one of the following areas: Banking, Accounting or related areas;
- Experience in the financial sector, lending and/or accounting would be considered an asset;
- 2-3 years' relevant work experience in a similar role;
- Knowledge and/or experience of trade finance will be considered an asset.