Junior Project Manager - Burkina Faso
|Job Title:||Junior Project Manager - Burkina Faso|
|Contact Name:||Deeya Bheeroo-Hulloowan|
|Job Published:||June 01, 2017 06:15|
Our client, an international company having presence in more than twenty African countries and in Europe, reputed for providing mechanical fleet solutions, warehousing and equipment supply to mining, construction and transport sectors is seeking to recruit a Junior Project Manager to be based in Burkina Faso.
Management & Follow up of assigned projects:
- Structure, organisation, management and coordination of operations:
Defining the human resources needs as well as the technical means for tools, spare parts, etc..
Operational Relationship with the customer
Ensure clients are adhering to the contractual agreements, keeping in mind the best interest and strategy of the company
Frequent visit and follow up with client on site
Animation of follow-up meetings on site with the team; conduct a project review by year on site to assist in the establishment and participation of the review of his/her project
Report any risk or drifts recorded on projects to Manager and establish and follow up on action plan.
Define, implement and follow the human and material resources necessary for the effective implementation of projects.
Use ERP tools available for control and continuous improvement purposes and use the knowledge to develop best practices.
Active participation in the promotion of best practices in terms of prevention, health and safety and environment.
In collaboration with the Project Manager, the PSSR and / or PSSO, the Site Manager (s) and the Fleet Manager (s):
· Develop and ensure a good relationship with its clients and suppliers;
· Analyze needs and propose appropriate solutions for the installation of technical support including spare parts, on-site service and training;
· Select and develop relationships with partners to outsource items not part of the group.
· Prepare the necessary documents for invoicing;
· Responsibility to optimise direct costs to ensure cost effectiveness of the projects.
· Participate in the identification, implementation and monitoring of actions aimed at improving the margins of the projects;
· To develop, analyze and follow the economic and financial reporting of the project (s) he / she is in charge of in close collaboration with the Project Manager and the business controller;
· Build and defend investment and financing requests related to projects with the finance department;
EDUCATION & EXPERTISE
· Hold a university degree (International or Inter-African University) as an engineer or equivalent experience;
· 3 years of experience required;
· Relevant experience in the mining sector;
· Experience in mining, construction or industrial projects
· Experience of international organizations and / or multicultural professional environments;
Process, Operations and QHSE orientation
Languages: French and English (any other language is a plus);
· Travel: 25 to 40% of the time;
· People Management skills;
· Organizational and management capacity; rigor,
· Customer oriented and results oriented, business sense, team spirit, pedagogue;
· Listening, empathy and assertiveness;
· Technical sensitivity and practicality;
· Helicopter vision and zoom;
· Stress management.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's