An established MFSA authorised investment management company (AIFM) based in Malta, is looking for a self-motivated, confident individual who is dynamic with an entrepreneurial outlook and is a well-organised team player. This is an international company, with an expanding presence in Malta.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Local to Malta with EU passport
- University degree and / or qualifications and experience commensurate to Portfolio Management, existing MFSA approval a plus
- Experience with fund accounting and exposure to Risk topics
Job Responsibilities Daily/Weekly:
- Portfolio management responsibilities of Malta SICAV, Cayman Ltd. Funds, and Luxembourg SICAVs, overseen by senior portfolio managers.
- Monitor and manage the trading activity and liquidity profiles of each of the funds, including oversight of sub-Investment managers and execution brokers.
- Monitor and manage the lending activity, through daily involvement with UK based financing arranger, within the two Luxembourg SICAV SIFs, to include investment summaries, underwriting feedback, cash movements and FX hedging price effects.
- Discuss and review the portfolio positions and return projections of each of the funds with the senior Portfolio manager/s. Send all portfolio dealing instructions if required to the Malta operations team for processing.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative due diligence on investment opportunities, including attending conference calls, scrutinizing offering documents, analysing financial statements, supporting statistics and material for external investors etc.
- Hold and develop relations with the funds we already partner with, request and analyse periodic reporting information.
Job Responsibilities Monthly/Quarterly:
- Prepare, and where requested, present and explain reports via conference call and face to face meetings with Fund directors
- Liaise with data collection team to prepare all monthly /quarterly statistical databases for the funds
- Advise, recommend and assist with implementation of corrective action where fund reconciliations and NAV finalisation are concerned, involving decisions to be taken with the Fund Administrators
- Oversee and develop the process around monthly FX share-class and portfolio hedging functions with Operations
- In collaboration with the data collection team prepare all portfolio and statistical analytical reports for inclusion in the Investment Management Committee and Board fund meetings
- Attend and present to the Investment Management Committee and Board directors
- Coordinate with the portfolio managers and marketing personnel for enquiry of specific aspects of third party managers and ensuing follow up
- Prepare, present and explain external fund due diligence reports to the Board of Directors