The Junior Legal Officer/Legal Officer is responsible for drafting and review of fund documentation, general compliance of the fund clients with their respective legislation, and other related tasks. All activities form a central part of the operational process and impact the overall client experience of the Custom House Group throughout the client relationship.
Reporting To: Manager of Business Implementation & Corporate Services Department.
- Dealing directly with clients, regulators in different jurisdictions, and other service providers of the fund clients;
- Having a legal background and/or corporate experience, one of the primary responibilities is the timely and accurate review and/or drafting of fund documents and agreements. This may include a review of and provision of input on non-core documentation including investment management agreement, trading advisory agreement etc.
- Ensuring general compliance with applicable legislation regulation of the fund clients;
- Drafting of resolutions, notifications to investors, organising board meetings, attending and minuting of board meetings, amongst others;
- Assisting other departments with fund client related queries, interpretation of documents, etc.
- Adopt a regionalised approach to core responsibilities to ensure group values of collaboration and high quality client services are demonstrated in the documentation drafting and review process.
- Compliance with procedures and template documentation where applicable in conjunction with the relevant department including legal and compliance;
- Provide support and assistance to the team leader and/or supervisor as requested by the local office or management team;
- Assisting with the collation and verification of KYC documentation, including attending calls, and reviewing the electronic KYC file, followed by the physical file when required;
- Liaising with the KYC executive in KYC matters to be escalated to the compliance departments, and to proceed with the escalation with the compliance departments to senior management as may be necessary;
- All fund documents are drafted or reviewed in an accurate and timely manner and within the agreed timelines set by the coordinators.
- All clients are assisted in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure the KYC requirements are maintained during the existence of each fund launch in a practical and pragmatic.
- 1-2 years experience in a corporate environment;
- Legal Degree or Diploma or equivalent qualification;
- Be self motivated with a structured and determined approach to work;
- High degree of communication skills, verbal and written with the ability to communicate externally and internally at all levels;
- Good attention to detail;
- Ability to work with multi-cultural teams;
- Computer literate.