One of Malta's leading regulatory bodies is seeking to employ a Junior Legal Counsel to support the growing operations of the institution.
Job duties include:
- To support the management in providing adequate legal advice across the organisation
- To draft or review legal documents and conduct negotiations
- To take a proactive role in ensuring that the authority meets its obligations in terms of local legislation, EU directives and corporate governance requirements
- To demonstrate a good understanding of Maltese and European legislation and provide the required support regarding the interpretation of the assigned legal documents.
- To conduct and plan legal researches on multi-disciplined aspects of law
- To provide miscellaneous legal advice on various contractual and governmental obligations as directed or requested by senior management or other members of management
- To be involved in various issues relating to the protection of data and compliance with the relative act, and provision of the relevant legal advice.
- To represent the organisation in any court cases as required and to assist the police force in criminal cases which are gaming related
- To represent the organisation in international fora including conferences, exposition centres as well as EU gaming related meetings
Skills and Qualifications required:
- In possession of a law degree and a valid warrant to practice as an Advocate in the Courts of Malta and Gozo
- Having previously worked or trained in other legal roles
- Knowledge of the laws and regulations governing Gaming in Malta shall be considered an asset
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Takes ownership, actions and manage to meet deadlines