Junior IT Support Officer
|Job Title:||Junior IT Support Officer|
|Contact Name:||Marianne Koessler|
|Job Published:||October 14, 2019 13:59|
An established, large group of companies is seeking to recruit a Junior IT Support Officer to form part of the IT department.
- Acting as first line of support to end users.
- Troubleshooting and resolving general issues with network devices and peripherals, printers, desktops, laptops, wireless technology and telephone system.
- Providing support to internal applications.
- Managing system backups and data recovery operations.
- Installing, configuring, repairing, upgrading and maintaining desktops, laptops, etc.
- Setting up and maintaining users, access permissions, mailboxes, etc.
- Installing and configuring operating systems and applications.
- Engaging with staff face-to-face, over the phone or email to help set up or resolve issues.
- Ensuring that work is carried out within acceptable time-frames.
- Providing regular status updates to the IT Administrator.
- Assisting with emergency support.
- Minimum of MQF Level 4 diploma in IT and/or recognized industry certifications are essential.
- Knowledgeable on network configuration and security, virtualised environments, servers applications and mail systems
- Strong knowledge on Microsoft Systems and Office applications.
- Networking and TCP/IP experience.
- Experience with deployment and maintenance of cloud environments.
- Experience in handling general support and maintenance on a server infrastructure.
- Previous work experience in similar roles will be considered a strong asset.
- Knowledge on Office 365 will be considered an advantage
- Good problem-solving skills,
- Good verbal and written communication skills in both English and Maltese
- Eager to continuously learn and improve
- Able to manage time, pending tasks and work in a team as well as individually with limited supervision
- Proactive, take initiatives and demonstrates attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure
- Naturally interested in and keeps updated on latest hardware/software technologies.