An international bank is seeking to employ a Junior Investment Manager.
The jobholder will:
- Generate ideas through fundamental research in both fixed income and equities
- Provide research and analytical coverage of companies listed on the Malta Stock Exchange.
- Regularly meet with the management and keep abreast of developments on listed companies on the Malta Stock Exchange.
- Keep abreast with market, economic and political developments impacting specific industry sectors.
- Production of research reports and notes.
- Engage regularly in stock selection discussions.
- Keep up to date with Asset Management Group views on macro-economic outlook and international equity and fixed income markets.
- Prepare documentation for investment committee and board of directors meetings.
- Co–manage portfolios falling under the responsibility of the Fixed Income and Equity desk.
- Ensure such portfolios remain in line with the rules and restrictions of the respective mandate.
- Good analytical and investment skills.
- Highly proficient in MS Excel.
- Strong report–writing skills.
- Lateral thinking/problem–solving.
- Experience in investment research or capital markets environment particularly in Fixed Income
- Familiar with Bloomberg and/or Reuters.
- Fundamental knowledge of local fixed income and equity market.
- Candidates are expected to possess a University degree in a finance-related subject.
- Preference will be given to candidates intending to pursue CFA qualification.
If you are interested in this position please apply online.