We're looking for a go-getter, with a can-do attitude and good communications skills who will be managing operations and delivering projects related to maintaining databases.
As our Junior Database Administrator, you will form part of the IT Operations section within the Digital team and you will be reporting to the Manager - Applications & DB Deployment and Support. Your role will involve coordinating and participating in activities related to the co-ordination, administration, operations, deployment and support of databases including the following areas: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Servers, PostgreSQL, MySQL running on Linux and/or Windows servers.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill to have since this role involves diagnosing and resolving problems. Moreover, your people skills (and some patience too) will go a long way when you’re communicating with different teams within the company. If you love tech, and you love trying new things to see what will work the best, especially as the situation around you changes, you will thrive in this opportunity.
Does this sound like you? Here’s what you need to have to match our requirements:
- Excellent planning, organisation, tracking and monitoring skills.
- A ‘can-do’ and positive attitude
- Strong written communication and time management skills.
This is how you can hit a few more plus points for this position:
- If you possess a University degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- If you have fair understanding of Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server and PostgreSQL and MySQL
- By having some knowledge of Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- By possessing fair understanding of application development and development methodologies.
- By having fair knowledge of IP Networking and IT security
- If you enjoy food, cheerful colleagues, and a game of table soccer
If this describes you, then this is a glimpse of what you'll be doing:
- Being responsible to cooperate with team members, including Team Lead and Senior Database Administrators, to successfully deliver projects on time
- Producing technical/non-technical guide and documentation for new or modified systems/processes
- Producing effective project reporting
- Managing the operations related to maintaining Databases
- Prioritising work according to the company needs and escalate in a timely manner when required
- Handling operations, support and deployment of Databases according to IT schedules
- Adhering to company policies regarding data access, protection, integrity and security
- Maintaining a healthy relationship with suppliers, internal and external customers
- Addressing issues as appropriate to mitigate team conflicts and communication problems
- Doing explicit Knowledge sharing activities with all team members