A well established corporate services firm that offers a vast range of bespoke services that include: assurance, corporate services, remote gaming consultancy, legal, tax, internal auditing, information security, data protection, management consultancy, fiduciary services and back office work, is seeking to grow their existing team by employing a Junior Corporate Lawyer.
- Attending client meeting and assisting with the onboarding processes of new clients
- The collection and verification of due diligence in accordance with KYC procedures.
- Company incorporations, overseeing all regulatory aspects related to the company’s business and assistance with ad hoc corporate administration including mergers and acquisitions, share transfers, etc
- Provision of consultancy on Maltese corporate law
- Drafting corporate documents such as M&As, resolutions, MFSA and MGA forms, etc
- Drafting, revising, negotiating and concluding contractual agreements
- Assistance with obtaining licenses (gaming, financial, investments, etc)
- Assistance with opening of bank accounts
- Preparation and submission of annual returns
- Assistance with ongoing clients’ compliance
- Liaison with relevant authorities including Registrar of Companies, MFSA, MGA, IRD, Registry of Ships, etc
- Law degree from the University of Malta (LL.D. or M. Adv)
- A minimum of 1 years of corporate law experience
- Basic understanding of Maltese company law and company services providers rules. Knowledge of gaming law and financial services law is considered an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, whilst other languages, especially Italian, will be considered advantageous
- IT literate, with experience of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database management and other major software applications
- Ability to deal with a multi-cultural work environment and client base
- Keen to develop his/her experience through training, qualification and continuing professional development
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills and ability to perform under pressure
- Be pro-active and willing to learn further and develop skills
- Must have a clean driving license and own a car.