21 days ago
We're looking for a vibrant and energetic individual who is looking to commence his/her career within the IT Sector for the role of BI Developer.
It is essential that you have the following requirements:
Academic Qualifications & Work Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Software Engineering preferred. Microsoft SQL Server Certifications a plus;
- Demonstrated strong experience in SQL;
- Knowledge of Reporting Tools such as MS reporting Services, Power BI or BOXI is desirable;
- Knowledge of T-SQL and Stored Procedure coding abilities, familiarity with programming languages is a plus;
- Strong team working skills, an analytical nature, life-long learning and excellent written and oral communications skills are requirements for this position;
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems by researching possible solutions using the internet and other available resources;
- Has a good understanding on Relational Database fundamentals and dimensional modelling.
Non Academic Qualifications:
- Optional MCSA: SQL Server (Solutions Associate)
- Optional MCSE: Business Intelligence (Solutions Expert)
If this describes you, then this is a glimpse of what you'll be required to do:
- Work with the Business Intelligence team members to query various database platforms namely, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle and Sybase database systems;
- Work with the client(s) to define their analytical requirements;
- Work with the Business Intelligence team to meet corporate, team and personal objectives as defined by management;
- Assist in the building of cubes and reports that take advantage of OLAP/Dimensional Modeling capabilities;
- Assist in the creation of Dashboards, Scorecards, KPI’s and other BI related Front End tools;
- Work with the Data-Owners/custodians to produce quality ETL processes to extract data from various disparate systems into one central repository while ensuring data integrity;
- Regularly communicate downwards with client, sideways with peers and upwards with management to ensure that all work being carried out is well understood by all levels;
- Record all progress in a diligent and structured manner;
- Document all procedures, ETL processes, Report logic and any other information which would facilitate handover issues and ensure job continuity.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. The client, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact email@example.com, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at this company.