We're looking for a vibrant and energetic individual who is looking to commence his/her career within the IT Sector for the role of BI Developer.
It is essential that you have the following requirements:
Academic Qualifications & Work Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Software Engineering preferred. Microsoft SQL Server Certifications a plus;
- Demonstrated strong experience in SQL;
- Knowledge of Reporting Tools such as MS reporting Services, Power BI or BOXI is desirable;
- Knowledge of T-SQL and Stored Procedure coding abilities, familiarity with programming languages is a plus;
- Strong team working skills, an analytical nature, life-long learning and excellent written and oral communications skills are requirements for this position;
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems by researching possible solutions using the internet and other available resources;
- Has a good understanding on Relational Database fundamentals and dimensional modelling.
Non Academic Qualifications:
- Optional MCSA: SQL Server (Solutions Associate)
- Optional MCSE: Business Intelligence (Solutions Expert)
If this describes you, then this is a glimpse of what you'll be required to do:
- Work with the Business Intelligence team members to query various database platforms namely, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle and Sybase database systems;
- Work with the client(s) to define their analytical requirements;
- Work with the Business Intelligence team to meet corporate, team and personal objectives as defined by management;
- Assist in the building of cubes and reports that take advantage of OLAP/Dimensional Modeling capabilities;
- Assist in the creation of Dashboards, Scorecards, KPI’s and other BI related Front End tools;
- Work with the Data-Owners/custodians to produce quality ETL processes to extract data from various disparate systems into one central repository while ensuring data integrity;
- Regularly communicate downwards with client, sideways with peers and upwards with management to ensure that all work being carried out is well understood by all levels;
- Record all progress in a diligent and structured manner;
- Document all procedures, ETL processes, Report logic and any other information which would facilitate handover issues and ensure job continuity.