Junior Analyst (Passporting) within Authorisation
|Job Title:||Junior Analyst (Passporting) within Authorisation|
|Job Published:||January 25, 2019 14:13|
Authorisation is responsible for the processing of licensing applications of entities carrying out activities in the banking, securities, insurance and pensions, trusts and Corporate Service Providers sectors. These activities are regulated and supervised by the MFSA in its role as single regulator of financial services in Malta.
Authorisation, with a staff complement of 35, is the entry point for a financial services institution to operate in Malta. The Authorisation section is a multidisciplinary team consisting of professionals from different backgrounds and reviews an applicants’ business plan, funding sources, and persons in a position to exercise control on a given organisation. Licences issued in Malta can be used through passporting mechanisms to operate within European jurisdictions. In addition to issuing of licences, the section is responsible for processing passporting notifications under the relevant EU/EEA Directives. The section is also responsible for the processing of applications concerning change in control and change in approved persons through the processing of personal questionnaires to attest suitability of persons under the various regulatory requirements.
The eventual appointee will be responsible to:
- Processing cross border notifications in terms of the relevant EU Directives;
- Liaising with other Supervisory Units within MFSA;
- Dealing with Regulatory Queries;
- Participating in meetings as required;
- Carrying out work related to EU developments.
- Participating in ‘ad hoc’ assignments related to specific issues that arise from time to time.
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in a financial services area which may be considered as relevant to this post.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (5) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
- Regulatory experience in authorisations, supervision or enforcement
- Strong verbal, communication and presentation skills
- Analytical capability
- Ability to work under pressure
- Motivation and interest in developing skills and knowledge
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. MFSA, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at MFSA.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Analyst (Trusts and CSPs) within Authorisation Unit
Analyst (Banking and FIs) within Authorisation Unit
Junior Assistant within Securities and Markets Supervision
Senior Analyst (Enforcement) within Enforcement
Analyst (Onsite Supervision) within Banking Supervision Unit