About Securities and Markets Supervision
The Securities and Markets Supervision section with a staff complement of 44, is responsible for supervising investment services license holders, collective investment schemes, regulated markets, central securities depositaries, financial and non-financial entities falling under the scope of EMIR and recognised private collective investment schemes, registered tied agents and recognised administrators. The Unit is also responsible for the regulation and oversight of activities in capital markets including the processing of applications for admissibility to listing on Regulated Markets, the processing of notifications in terms of the Securitisation Act, the supervision of the continuing obligations of Listed Companies on Regulated Markets in Malta, the supervision of the markets to identify any market abuse and to carry out any appropriate reviews where applicable.
The selected candidate will:
- Carry out off-site work relating to the prevention of financial market abuse, including market monitoring and analysis;
- Assist and participate in on-site compliance visits and meetings;
- Address any regulatory issues that may arise from time to time;
- Have to keep abreast of new regulations relating to market integrity, specifically the Market Abuse Regulation;
- Provide the appropriate supervisory guidance as and when required by market participants;
- Ensure that any arising issues within the capital markets team are dealt with expeditiously;
- Undertake any other tasks as delegated by senior management in line with the exigencies of the Authority.
We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Banking and Finance/Accountancy/Economics/Law.
The Authority would consider applicants with other related backgrounds, provided such applicants have a sound knowledge of financial services legislation and familiarity with the financial services regulatory framework.
The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
If you do not have the necessary academic qualifications but you have at least five (5) years work experience in the financial services sector, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. MFSA, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact email@example.com, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at MFSA.