About Securities and Markets Supervision
The Securities and Markets Supervision section with a staff complement of 44, is responsible for supervising investment services license holders, collective investment schemes, regulated markets, central securities depositaries, financial and non-financial entities falling under the scope of EMIR and recognised private collective investment schemes, registered tied agents and recognised administrators. The Unit is also responsible for the regulation and oversight of activities in capital markets including the processing of applications for admissibility to listing on Regulated Markets, the processing of notifications in terms of the Securitisation Act, the supervision of the continuing obligations of Listed Companies on Regulated Markets in Malta, the supervision of the markets to identify any market abuse and to carry out any appropriate reviews where applicable.
The selected candidates will be:
- Undertaking reviews and analysis of financial documentation submitted by fund managers, collective investment schemes and recognised persons licensed under the Investment Services Act;
- Assist in the basic day-to-day off-site supervisory tasks such as handling of resignations;
- Be responsible for the logging of financial documentation, including updating of the LH Portal and liaising with licence holders as required as well as compiling monthly statistics to management on submissions;
- Provide support to the Funds Team and assist by conducting research, assisting in queries and other analytical matters, particularly those related to UCITS and AIFMD; and
- Undertake such other tasks as may be delegated by line management.
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Accountancy or in Banking and
- Finance related background.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification
- Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre
- (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least five (5)
- years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. MFSA, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact email@example.com, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at MFSA.