A leading bank in Malta is currently looking for a finance officer to join its finance department. The selected individual shall be focusing his/her duties on finance and reporting.
- Reconciliation of all Nostro accounts
- Settlement of Creditors, including the timely and accurate registration of all incoming invoices through the necessary channels.
- Recording all necessary transactions required through the Core Banking System.
- Maintain, control and follow up all unreconciled items identified through reconciliations.
- Review and follow up all sizeable overdrawn accounts
- Creation and timely submission of all statutory returns. This also includes any correspondence with the authorities which may include any revisions necessary
- Keep yourself abreast of regulatory developments and reporting obligations of the bank
- For part of in-house working groups as required from time to time
- Payment of Withholding Tax and Value Added Tax Payment to the necessary authority
- Generation of the monthly payroll
- Reconciliation of all Administrative Expense General Ledgers
- Reconciliation of all VISAs in the name of the Bank while making payments to settle any overdrawn amounts
- Create any necessary reports required by the Management and Board of Directors when requested
- Maintaining and controlling Asset Accounting and making sure accurate reconciliation with respective General Ledgers
- Handling of cash and making sure that it is safely stored in the Bank’s safe for overnight keeping.
- Ensuring that fees and licence fees are paid correctly and on time to the MFSA, DCS, ICS and any other authority.
- Provide support to the Finance Department whenever the Bank’s auditors are carrying out the yearly audits.
- Provide support to the Senior Finance Officer during the end of procedures which includes accruals, booking of asset depreciation/amortisation etc.
- Provide support and input in the creation of the Annual Report.
- Carry out necessary Treasury related work which includes tieing up of free liquid cash into Fixed Term Deposits and any other Investment such as Treasury Bills and Bonds.
- Provide support the Senior Finance Officer with any ad-hoc work which may fall within the Finance Department’s responsibility
- Degree or in the process of obtaining an Accountancy degree
- Excellent Microsoft office abilities especially excel
- Experience in bank regulatory reporting would be considered an asset