IT Systems Administrator
|Job Title:||IT Systems Administrator|
|Job Published:||July 18, 2018 11:10|
We are a dynamically growing company in the Air Chartering business with a diverse fleet operating on a world-wide level. Air X is an international company offering exposure to various markets and jurisdictions from around the world. We are a flexible organization where no day is the same and change is an important facet of our daily work.
The chosen individual is to be responsible for performing advanced and focused architecting, optimizing, implementing, configuring, managing, administering, trouble shooting, maintaining and monitoring the Hardware & Software infrastructure, Systems and Applications, Middleware, Serves & Storage, as well as IP based telecommunications.
The role includes:
- Establishes and implements IT policies, governance, standards, and security.
- Makes independent decisions for procurement of technical solutions in their focus area.
- Creates, documents, publishes, and/or performs maintenance procedures and ensures all installations are in accordance specifications and IT standards/governance.
- Assists in planning, designing, procuring and delivering software and hardware purchases.
- Ensures appropriate product specifications.
- Provides costs analysis.
- Installs new specific software releases and/or upgrades including researching, testing and implementing new technology.
- Participates in disaster recovery planning and testing, including fault tolerance and detailed disaster recovery plan maintenance.
- Communicates and interfaces with members of the IT, vendor and user communities.
Based on business needs, IT employees will be required to be available for call-back and on-call for emergency response on nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Experience administering Microsoft Active Directory.
- Experience supporting Microsoft Server operating systems in a virtualized environment.
- Knowledge of supporting mobile IT solutions such as iOS devices and VPN technologies.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure.
- Knowledge of Switches and Fire Walls.
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of infrastructure technologies.
- Knowledge of operating systems.
- Skill in documenting and maintaining information.
- Skill in providing day-to-day system/application administration and/or system/application administration in support in a variety of work environments.
- Skill in installing and maintaining applications, operating systems, and equipment.
- Skill in identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and to implement solutions.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- The ability to view the big picture when involved in a project.
- The ability to quickly become familiar with emerging technologies.
- Will be part of the emergency team (24/7).
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Career development opportunities.
- In house training by our Senior Professionals.
- A friendly, multinational environment with regular company-funded social events.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's