19 days ago
A well-established company in the finance field continues to expand. The IT Support Specialist will be providing local and remote support to employees in Malta and Europe, offering end-user support through a ticketing system and by interacting directly with people.
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic team based in bright open-plan offices in the heart of Valletta.
- Contribute to a modern, functional and welcoming environment.
- Remuneration package which includes parking allowances and private health, dental and life insurances, discounted corporate gym rates, daily fresh fruit and family-friendly measures as well as exciting company events.
- Provide first level contact and convey resolutions to employee issues, by administering our ticketing system, providing feedback and resolution of issues;
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining computer hardware, operating systems and applications, possibly using automated tools for mass deployment;
- Support of new applications, both desktop and server based; support employees to ensure proper use and function of apps and hardware;
- Escalate unresolved queries to the next level of support (internal and external interaction);
- Basic troubleshooting of network connectivity;
- Providing remote assistance and support, over the phone or by using tools such as team-viewer;
- Ability to work on-call for critical issues as required;
- Working on company-wide projects, as designated by the IT Team;
- Preserve and grow knowledge of help-desk procedures, products and services.
- A Degree or studies in IT
- +3 years’ experience working with Windows Servers and Microsoft Active Directory services, File services and user management profiling;
- Expertise in cloud services; expertise in Smartphones, application support and setup, troubleshooting;
- Experience in mass deployment for software automation and imaging; Windows OS and Anti-Virus security tools; Virtualization and backup solutions;
- A self-driven individual, with the ability to be creative with solutions and suggestions for continuous improvement to add value to the IT function;
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English