The IT Network and Security engineer will be responsible for managing all aspects of the WAN, LAN, VPN’s, External/Internal DNS and Firewalls. This position will work closely with the IT Manager in design and deployment as well as the support for the entire network infrastructure. This individual will also need to be highly skilled with Microsoft, Linux, Fortinet, and VMware Solutions.
- Build, design and support all network architecture.
- Monitoring, troubleshooting and optimizing LAN/WAN/VPN traffic/Networking equipment.
- Document all networking architecture and keep Visio diagrams updated.
- Maintain enterprise network standards and best practices
- Conduct traffic analysis and recommendations.
- Responsible for all User Remote Access and Site to Site VPN’s
- Performs monthly audits to make sure the organization is meeting security policies.
- Prioritize and resolve all open issues in the ticketing system.
- Provides after hours support for planned maintenance and perform on-call emergency support
- Participate in Server infrastructure maintenance and deployment in a virtual environment ( Windows Server/Linux/VMware)
Knowledge and Skills needed:
- Ability to work independently with no supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment whilst meeting deadlines.
- Ensuring close collaboration, whilst embracing the appropriate team spirit with the IT department in its entirety, within the company group
- Ensuring tier 3 support as required.
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of installing, configuring and securing Fortigate Firewalls.
- Knowledge of maintaining monitoring systems (PRTG,Nagios)
- Knowledge and understanding of Load Balancing Solutions.
- Knowledge and understanding of Network Optimization Solutions.
- Working knowledge of different protocols such as TCP/IP, SNMP, SMTP, Routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP.
- Knowledge of MPLS and VPNs including IPSec and SSL VPNs (Remote Access and site to site).
- Experience with Dell and Cisco Switches and VLAN configuration.
- External and internal hosting of DNS Services
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2012 Environments
- Must have an advanced understanding of IP networks, network components and troubleshooting using tools to diagnose and resolve network issues.
- VMWare experience in a High Availability and redundant environment is a plus.
- Knowledge of system application and network security a plus.
- Experience with Dell server hardware configuration is a plus.
- Experience working in a Colocation Data Center environment is a plus.
- Must be committed to providing fault tolerant and highly available systems/services.
- Experience with ticketing systems
- Committed to the delivery of a high quality service internally across the organization
- More than 5 years of experience on IP networks
- CCNA (Required)
- CCNP (Preferred)
- CompTIA Linux +. (Preferred)
- CompTIA Security +. (Preferred)
- Fortinet NSE4, 5, 6, 7 or 8. (Preferred)
- MCSA Server 2012 (Preferred)
- Proficiency in English is necessary
- EU citizenship is a requirement
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. Sintra, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact email@example.com, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at Sintra.