This role includes:
- Creating and maintaining an Annual Audit plan
- Identifying any weaknesses with the systems network and creating an action plan to prevent any security breeches.
- Planning and execution of an internal audit procedures and the creation of internal audit reports in line to the Annual Audit Plan
- Working closely with the Technology teams to create a solid information technology infrastructure, and collaborate with other internal stakeholders to devise and put in place policies and procedures regarding information security issues
- Developing and implementing audit programs on internal applications and providing assurance for systems reliability and quality of information
- Analysing information technology processes, businesses controls, and programs
- Compliance and adherence to the company’s policies
- Identifying internal control risks and recommending their solutions
- Previous experience in the field is a must.
- A bachelor degree in information technology, information systems, accounting or business administration
- Solid communication skills to not only understand technical jargon, but to translate technical jargon into business-related decisions for management
- A high absorption rate for understanding new technologies.
- Knowledge working with software that can be used for audit analysis such as SQL is an advantage.
The following certifications will be considered an asset:
- Certified Information Systems Auditor, or CISA, is the widely recognized standard certification for IT auditors and includes information security, audit, control and assurance professionals.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional, or CISSP, recognises an individual's information security knowledge.
- Other recognized certifications include Certified Information Security Manager and Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer