A very well known brand offering telecommunication services, is currently looking for an IP Systems Engineer to join its Core Networks Department.
- Design, maintain, upgrade and troubleshoot IP systems in services delivery network, verify the interoperability of the core elements and various vendors and models cable modems.
- Test the performance and provide systems performance statistics and reports;
- Develop strategies for maintaining of IP systems and network.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts
- Proposes, build and update procedures for the Network Operations Centre team and Customer Care and deliver training when necessary
- Be a reference point and perform follow-ups for incidents handled by the Network Operations Centre Liaise with third party suppliers to get required support on new features / issues within the networking elements
- Provide 3rd level support to customer issues, related to the IP systems, for which is responsible
- Identify options towards resolving upcoming issues/improvement to the platform and liaise with other members of the team to identify the best option.
- Understanding of the following protocols and standards: TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP, DNS, DHCP, SSH, FTP,
- Experience in configuration and troubleshooting of servers, firewalls and network hardware and software issue.
- Knowledge in different OS, especially Linux command line;
- Scripting abilities (e.g. Perl);
- A Degree in a telecommunications related field or equivalent.
- CCNA and/or LPIC ;
- High level knowledge in telecommunication technologies
- Experience in an IP Systems environment (MS Windows Server, Linux, BSD)
- Additional knowledge’s and experience in network technologies and system administration;
- Have a good command of the English language
- Fluent basic computer skills – OS, Microsoft Office and communication products