IP Core Networks Engineer
|Job Title:||IP Core Networks Engineer|
|Job Published:||March 27, 2019 07:10|
The IP networks engineers are in charge of the core IP network of Vodafone Malta. Their responsibility includes the connectivity of the various network elements which make up the cellular network; the office LAN as well as international and third party connectivity. These engineers also provide 2nd level support to our front line, field and NOC technicians, and are the link between the equipment vendor and Vodafone for any design and troubleshooting activities that are required from time to time.
- Participate in the design, testing, implementation, operation and maintenance of Vodafone Malta’s IT, Datacentre and Service Provider network. This includes all network hardware, security nodes, network management systems, and interconnections with third parties. Giving importance to network high-availability is necessary
- Analyse statistics, logs and alarms from monitoring systems to maintain network health and take preventive actions as appropriate.
- Assist in network capacity forecasts and planning of upgrades.
- Assist in budget planning for the IP network.
- Assist in New Projects assigned to the IP Networks Team.
- Support team members and other teams in operations and projects.
- Identify key areas of improvement.
- Automate repetitive tasks where appropriate, preferably using Python.
- Be willing to research and keep abreast on new technologies.
- Liaise with vendors and service providers as required.
- Upkeep of proper documentation.
- 1 – 2 years of experience working on projects which are IP networks related
- Possession of MQF level 6 certification, preferably in Electrical/electronic Engineering, or ICT computer Engineering / Science.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent knowledge of English
- CCNA certification or willing to obtain it within 6 months of employment
- Adequate coaching will be provided as required
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's