|Job Title:||Investment Analyst|
|Contact Name:||Mark Sims|
|Job Published:||February 08, 2018 10:56|
A leading international pensions provider, is currently seeking to employ a Investment Analyst in its Malta division. As part of a team of analysts you will be responsible for assisting in the review and analysis of investment instructions in a variety of pension portfolios on behalf of the members. You will also assist in a number of projects relating to investments held within the various schemes.
The client is happy to consider an individual looking to start their career in Investments or build on an existing knowledge and experience of 2 to 3 years in investments. The role has significant career potential and is within a substantial financial international group.
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the assistant head of investment, the selected candidate will:
- Have investment analysis duties, including the day-to-day review and analysis of the investment dealing instructions, ensuring conformance with turnaround times and policies and procedures in line with the company and regulatory standards.
- As your experience and knowledge grows, provide support with more complex investment related queries internally and also from advisers and investment partners.
- Keep fully up to date with relevant legislation.
- Participate in a range of projects as assigned, whereby you will be required to analyse and review numerical data and other information, and present your analysis in a logical format and follow through with relevant stakeholders, to completion of the project.
- Monitor closely financial press to keep an eye on developments.
Experience and Qualifications
The candidate would ideally have 1 - 3 years’ experience within the finance industry ideally with a bias towards the investment industry or ideally also suited to a recent graduate with a degree in a finance or investment related discipline.
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Understanding of asset classes, fund legal structures, asset allocation, investment risk.
- Strong numerate / analytical skill set.
- Experience with dealing with financial advisers or individual / corporate clients would be an advantage.
- Strong business communication skills with fluent English.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, in particular advanced Excel.